Monday, December 6, 2010

Setting Up A Coaching Plan Within miCoach

Happy Monday readers! Yes I'm one of those guys who loves his Mondays. I came up with a saying [or probably already made up by someone out there] that goes something like this :-


"For those who dread Monday, stop partying too hard during the weekends"

Okay, maybe it doesn't sound THAT great, but it sure helps me get by on the first day of the week!


Today as promised I wanna talk about how to create a plan within the miCoach system.



I am assuming that you have already created an account at miCoach so I'm diving straight to the tutorial.




click to enlarge


Step 1 : Select "Plan" and then "Training Plan". You will see 6 different types of training available. Since we're on the topic of running. Go ahead and select "Running"




click to enlarge

Step 2 : More choices. If you are one of my faithful readers you would know that my goal is to get my weight down from 99.2kgs to 73kgs. Guess what I selected then? "Lose Weight".


click to enlarge

Step 3 : Here is where it gets cool. You get to choose your level of training. Level 1 contains a lot of "BLUE ZONE" which is a lot of brisk walking / snail running. 

I "know" for a fact that I can take some green zone thrown in my way, since I am a regular Futsal player. Therefore I selected level 4 for my training.

There are 4 zones which you are required to know. There's Blue, Green, Yellow and Red [difficulty in that order].


click to enlarge

Step 4 : This screen allows your to tinker / tweak your plan to suit your already busy life. 

Pick a date : Allows you to choose a date to start your training.

Choose your workout days : Pretty straight forward. The more days you select in a week to run, the less weeks it takes to complete your training [see bottom right of that picture]

Name your plan : Something like "Make Me Awesome"

If you're happy with your tinkering, click "Next step - complete"



click to enlarge

Here you get to see your training schedule on a calender looking interface. If you happen to miss a certain day or think you can't make it, you could simply click and drag a training and drop it on any date you like.



Okay, now that the tutorial is finally over, I would actually like some feedback. How did you find this tutorial? Did it help clear some questions up about designing a plan within miCoach? Any question you have, I would love to hear them so post away on the comments page!

Next post will be coming from the foot of the 20th tallest mountain in the world, Mount Kinabalu!

No comments:

Post a Comment