Friday, December 3, 2010

Preparing Running / Jogging Gears For Today!

Today is the day! I'm going to attempt a 5km run today. Based on my previous 5km runs, this should burn at least 400 cal. Will be a little tough if you are a beginner, so work on your pace.



I think it'll be best that I share with you gadgets, applications, websites and services that I use to keep track of my runs.


1. Adidas miCoach = This is an awesome application for the iPhone [and free]. It has a coaching system which tells you through your earphones, the level of effort you should put into your runs. You can customize your schedule to suit your goals. It uses GPS to calculate everything from distance, speed, calories burnt and pace. I highly recommend this application if you have an iPhone [why wouldn't you have an iPhone??].



2. Nike Running Plus  = Like its counterpart the Adidas miCoach, it keeps track of your run but without the coaching system. This application is more towards "goal orientated". Where you select the amount of distance/calories burnt you wanna achieve in a specific time frame, and just run. You can sync your runs with the website to challenge other people. You can grab this in the iTunes store for about USD2.99.



3. Dailymile - A website that lets you log your runs and share it with other runners.


As you can tell i use my iPhone for most of my applications. If you don't have an iPhone there are other ways you can manually keep track of all the data collected during your run. I will be addressing that in the next few post to come.

Any other cooler gadgets or applications out there? Be sure to share on the comments page!

-RY-

2 comments:

  1. Btw, no non Iphone applications ka? and how 'bout runkeeper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will get around to it in the coming posts. I don't know but for me Runkeeper is a bit pricey and the community is smaller than Nike+ and Adidas miCoach.

    ReplyDelete