Saturday, December 4, 2010

miCoach Post-Run Report

click to enlarge



The image you see on top is a the miCoach post-run report. See those squiggly lines? Those lines represent my actual effort vs the zones I was supposed to be in.


Having someone tell you what to do during your run has a significant difference. I notice with my Nike+, I tend to slow down and walk when I know for a fact I can still go on running. To see the comparisons I made, click HERE.

Back to the coaching, from picking a lady with a sexy voice all the way to soccer superstar David Villa, you get someone actually telling you how fast you need to run and for how long. With that being said, I tend to run all the way until I had to switch to a specific zone. If you go too fast, they'll ask you to slow down back to the "blue zone" and if you're too slow you will hear your coach advising you to speed up.

What I also like with the miCoach is the fact that it calculates your calories burnt differently depending on your route. For example, based on the picture above I burnt 247 calories on my run which included 48 meters going uphill. It would have turned out differently if I had run on a track, I would have burnt less calories.

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge. I'll be running up Signal Hill with a couple of friends. I was told the total distance up is 7km. Check in tomorrow to see if I survived!

I'm off to do 100 sit ups before I go to sleep. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment